Transmet Aluminum Flakes are rapidly solidified in Transmet’s proprietary melt spinning process. The flakes are very uniform in size and shape. Transmet’s flakes have a high surface area to mass ratio making flakes a safer alternative to working with explosive powders. Standard Transmet Aluminum Flake is 99.93% pure aluminum as cast.
Transmet also manufactures a 99.99% high purity Aluminum Flake and other aluminum alloys upon request.
Transmet’s standard K-102 Aluminum Flake will contain about 7,000,000 flakes per pound. Each flake will be about the same thickness as a sheet of thin aluminum foil.
Transmet has produced over 50,000,000-lbs of rapidly solidified products in their history. Their know-how and expertise is unmatched in the world.
Watch the video below to see our chill block melt spinning process in action:
Past applications for aluminum flake include:
- Feedstock for chemical reactions
- Fuel cells and batteries
- Exothermic applications
- Binder agent for master alloy briquetting
- Drain cleaners
- Thermal and electrical conductivity enhancement in plastics
- Granular alternative for highly reflective roofing applications
Details on how Aluminum Flakes can benefit chemical reactions can be found in the article Shape Makes a Difference.
ALUMINUM FLAKE SPECIFICATIONS
|Repose Angle (degrees)||Standard Package Size
– Data based on standard alloy of 99% aluminum or purer
– All products made by direct metal forming rapid solidification processes
– All dimensions are average sizes
SPECIAL SHAPES, ALLOYS OR METALS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST, INCLUDING ZINC, BRONZE, COPPER AND TIN.
For frequently asked questions regarding aluminum flakes, please click here.