Transmet Corporation Aluminum Flakes are rapidly solidified in our proprietary melt spinning process. The flakes are very uniform in size and shape.
Transmet’s flakes have a high surface area to mass ratio, making them a safer alternative to working with explosive powders. Standard Transmet Aluminum Flake is 99.93% pure aluminum as cast and contain about 7,000,000 flakes per pound. Each flake will be about the thickness of aluminum foil.
Producing Aluminum Flakes
Transmet has produced over 50,000,000-lbs of rapidly solidified products in their history. Their know-how and expertise is unmatched in the world. Transmet also manufactures a 99.99% high purity Aluminum Flake and other aluminum alloys upon request.
Watch the video below to see our chill block melt spinning process in action:
Applications for Aluminum Flakes
- Feedstock for chemical reactions
- Fuel cells and batteries
- Exothermic applications
- Binder agent for master alloy briquetting
- Drain cleaners
- Thermal and electrical conductivity enhancement in plastics
- Granular alternative for highly reflective roofing applications
Details on how Aluminum Flakes can benefit chemical reactions can be found in the article Shape Makes a Difference.
|Repose Angle (degrees)||Standard Package Size
– Data based on standard alloy of 99% aluminum or purer
– All products made by direct metal forming rapid solidification processes
– All dimensions are average sizes
Special shapes, alloys, or metals available upon request; including zinc, bronze, copper, and tin.